Monday 10 January 2011

Canon.

This weekend i was up  in Surrey doing my DAS motorbike test, turns out that one of the companies we were interested in having as one of our main sponsors, Canon UK are based in Surrey just around the corner from where i was staying, so i figured i would go in, and try and blag some sponsorship or at least get a chance to explain our proposal in person.

here i am, outside the canon UK building (possibly the most intimidating building in the world):


as you can see, pretty excited about the potential of sponsorship.

unfortunately, after a moment of looking like i was going to get away with it after sweet talking the temp receptionist on her first day, I was stopped and told the woman i need to see only has phone appointments.. and so would not see me. I asked for her number, and proceeded to go outside and call her, unfortunately she didn't seem as pleased to hear from me as i somehow imagined she would be, and the conversation was pretty blunt, leaving me feeling not very confident about the 'big canon sponsorship' i was dreaming of....

Here is an image of me after the disappointment....
 


 Oh well, there are plenty more companies That would benefit a lot more than canon would from working with us... its not the end of the world!

Photos ironically taken on the exact camera i was trying to get from Canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment